Student Health and Wellness


MMR Verification

All incoming students (freshmen and transfer) and students residing on campus are required to have official documentation of two MMR immunizations.

The MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) is an immunization typically given twice in childhood — to babies or toddlers and then again at junior high age.

We accept the following as documentation:

  • A copy of the student's immunization record
  • A copy of the student's baby book
  • A copy of the student's high school documentation
  • A copy of the student's military documentation

How to Submit Documentation

Upload online at

In the event of a confirmed case of one of these three diseases at UToledo, students who are not in compliance with this policy will be:

  • Required to move off campus during the incubation period.
  • Restricted from coming to campus to attend classes.

Students will be responsible for making up classwork and paying for their relocation off campus.

For more information about MMR or other communicable diseases, visit the Center for Disease Control website.

Meningitis and Hepatitis B - Ohio Law

Students who will be residing on a college campus must disclose whether they have immunizations for meningitis and hepatitis B. Find more information at the Ohio Department of Health.

Last Updated: 3/24/21