The John H. Russel Center for Educational Leadership is a resource of the Department of Educational Foundations and Leadership in the Judith Herb College of Education at The University of Toledo. The department has two programs Administration and Supervision and Higher Education which the center serves.
The purpose of the John H. Russel Center for Educational Leadership is to promote understanding of the role and practice of leadership in education and the development of educational leaders in PreK-16 schools, institutions, and associations. The center provides a resource to help students, faculty members, administrators, and professionals communicate with each other, improve skills in specific areas, develop innovative solutions to problems, provide a forum to share ideas, and conduct research on educational issues. The center sponsors and provides the following for professional development:
- Resource materials in educational leadership
- Conference space available to groups for seminars and workshops
- Sponsorship of Higher Education symposia
- HP ScanJet 5550C utilized by faculty for Distance Learning
- Utilized for proposal defenses and oral exams by Educational Administration and Higher Education majors.