Resources for New Graduate Students
Welcome to the University of Toledo! We are glad you have chosen UT for the pursuit of your graduate education and professional goals. We invite you to join our vibrant community and begin making your contribution to the intellectual environment of this University. To assist with your transition to graduate school, we have compiled a list of important campus resources and services. Reviewing the items below should help you in preparing to begin your graduate studies at UT.
- Activate your UTAD account @ MyUT.Utoledo.edu
- Review important Financial News from the Treasurer's Office regarding electronic forms (direct deposit, etc.), payments, and fee changes.
- Visit the MyUT Help Center to learn about the myUT portal that enables students to access important academic,
financial, and social information via the Web.
- Review the MyUT Student Tab Resources for more information on the MyUT Student Tab.
- Register online using the MyUT Portal. For more guidance on how to register, check out this instructional video.
- Complete the Graduate Student Orientation requirement.
- Teaching Assistants – Attend mandatory Teaching Assistant Training Program sponsored by College of Graduate Studies.
- International Students – Attend required Orientation Program sponsored by the Office of International Student Services
- International Teaching Assistants - Review language screening information from the American Language Institute.
- Take a virtual tour, download campus maps, and driving directions.
- Obtain your Rocket Card and Parking Pass at the Auxiliary Services and check out off-campus housing options.
- Learn about services provided by Rocket Solution Central.
- Find out about UT Shuttle Service.
- Learn more about what your UT Bookstore offers.
- Learn about UT’s Mandatory Health Insurance Policy. Learn more about Student Health Insurance Plan. For more details, call 419.530.3474.
- Visit the Current Graduate Students page of the Graduate College Web-site. This site will be a valuable resource for you throughout your graduate program. It will provide you with links to required forms and important publications.
- Review important university policy information.