Students, professors, and Student Disability Services all have important roles to play in ensuring that appropriate accommodations are provided to eligible students.
Students that have completed an intake can help ensure appropriate accommodations are in place each semester by:
- registering for classes during the priority registration period;
- requesting accommodations for the upcoming semester/ block/ clinicals/ etc. in SAM as soon as possible after registering;
- Share your accommodation memo with your faculty;
- assisting Student Disability Services in identifying textbook information if requested;
- notifying your Accessibility Specialist immediately of any concerns regarding your academic accommodations; and
- adjusting your request for accommodations in SAM if, after attending class, you feel that a previously requested accommodation is no longer needed or you wish to request an additional accommodation.
- Review the student handbook regularly for updates and changes.