Student Service-Learning Programs
Service Learning Community:
We also have a list of area agencies that we would be happy to help students get involved with. [click for a list of agencies]
CASA VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY:
CASA (court appointed special advocates) is a non-profit organization of volunteers who work for the juvenile court judges to help abused and neglected children find safe and permanent homes. CASA volunteers are trained to investigate and monitor child abuse cases and are sworn officers of the court. Volunteer qualifications include:
1. Be at least 21 years of age.
2. Complete application, including 4 references.
3. Complete a screening process that includes interview(s) and criminal and child welfare background checks.
4. Complete at least 35 hours of pre-service training.
5. Complete at least 12 hours of continuing education (free) annually.