2015 Chinese Bridge Summer Camp for U.S. High School Students
|Frequently Asked Questions|
|Chinese Bridge Testimonial|
2015 Chinese Bridge-Summer Camp for U.S. High School Students
The program will be held in China from 16th July to 31st July. This year, we Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) would like to invite 700 American high school students（including chaperons）to participate in the summer camp and open 10-35 places for each Confucius Institute/Classroom (student-chaperon ratio is about 10:1). Note: The Confucius Classroom affiliated to Confucius Institute should apply through Confucius Institute. Because the number of summer camp places is limited,so we will give preference to the Confucius Institute/Classroom which early send the list of applicants and related materials to Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban).
1. The Program Introduction
Chinese Bridge Summer Camp for U.S. High School Students is an annual Chinese language and culture experiencing activity sponsored by Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) with the cooperation of the Confucius Institutes in U.S.. The program aims at enhancing Sino-U.S. youth exchanges, deepening high school students’ understanding of and personal experience with Chinese language and culture.
2. Itinerary in China (Beijing Time):
July 16th, Arrive in Beijing and check in.
July 17th, Take culture actives in Beijing.
July 18th-July 27th,
Travel to different provinces/cities in groups; Take Chineselanguage and culture classes, communicate with Chinese students and their families.
July 28th-July 30th, Back to Beijing, and take culture activities.
July 31st, Travel to and arrive in the U.S.
3. Activity theme and visiting provinces/cities
A. Discover China-Chinese History, Shandong and Zhejiang;
B. Discover China-Chinese Ethnic Minorities, Jilin and Guangxi;
C. Discover China- Folk Arts, Beijing, Heilongjiang and Jiangsu;
D. Discover China- Chinese Kung Fu, Henan.
Note: Each Confucius Institute/Classroom should offers 2-3 choice intentions and we Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) will arrange group plan according to the demand.
4. Program Fee
We headquarters will be responsible for the cost in China including food,accommodation and group activities. Students and chaperons will be responsible for international travel fees, international insurance, visa application fees and so on.
5. All students and chaperons should meet the following criteria:
1）American citizen (has U.S. passport);
2）High school students; Age between 14 and 18; grades from 9 to 12;
3）Non-Chinese learning background and less than three years of Chinese learning experiences;
4）Have great interests in Chinese language and culture;
5）Healthy enough for international travel;
6）Have willing to participate in all summer camp activities and comply with requirements.
1）Respect and understand Chinese culture;
2）Good at communication and adaptable to new environments;
3）With K-12 teaching experiences;
4）Highly experienced in student management;
5）Healthy enough for international travel;
6）Under 50 years old.
Chaperons also need to perform the following duties:
1） Assist Confucius Institutes/Classrooms in pre-departure training for students;
2 ） Participate in all summer camp activities with students and comply with requirements;
3）Take the primary responsibilities for the safety of students during summer camp;
4）Help students adapt the environment and provide guidance for them;
5）Accompany students in emergency situation and provide help to contact their families;
6）Collect students’ feedbacks and hand in reports to Confucius Institutes/Classrooms.
7) If Chaperon whom Confucius/Classroom selected is serious dereliction of duty we will
Confucius/Classroom’s eligibility to participate in the next year’s summer camp.
6. Application and Selection
1) Students should submit the personal application form (appendix 1) with the personal application letter, school or teacher recommendation letter meanwhile Chaperon should submit the personal application (appendix 2) and resume to the Confucius Institute/Classroom.
2) The Confucius Institute/Classroom will administer the preliminary selection according to the submitted documents, confirm qualified candidates, and submitcandidates’ information (appendix 3) and a scan copy of their application materials to Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) for review.
3) The Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) should notify the Confucius Institute/Classroom of the selection results. Confucius Institute/ Classroom should sign acknowledgment with campers/chaperons and send the scanning copy of acknowledgment and the first page of application’s passports to Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban).
4) Not allows the unqualified candidates who include parents of the students and chaperon's relatives to participate in the summer camp.
We Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) enjoys the final explanation right of the above provisions and information. Confucius Institutes/Classrooms will start recruitment from today and send us back application forms, recommendations, CVs to our division (email@example.com) by 13th March. We will send invitations to students in April if they are verified.Thank for your support to our work and wish all of you have good health and good luck for everything!