UToledo Human Resources

Benefits Newsletter - December 2022

Year End Reminders

Tuition Waiver Deadline

The deadline to request a Spring 2023 tuition waiver for yourself, spouse or eligible dependent child is Thursday, January 5th, 2023.  Please refer to the tuition waiver page for more info and submit your waiver request through your myUT portal under Benefits Information- Tuition Waiver.

Medical Mutual Member ID Cards Arriving mid/late-December

Medical plan coverage with Medical Mutual begins January 1, 2023. Member ID cards will be mailed to employee homes during the last two weeks of December. ID cards will arrive in a non-descript envelope marked “Important Plan Information.” Please do not begin using your new medical ID cards until January 1.

Medical Mutual Welcome Video

Be on the lookout for a Medical Mutual welcome video- personalized to your open enrollment elections. Links to personalized videos will be sent to employees soon after the start of the spring academic semester.

Deductible/Out Of Pocket Max Restarts 1/1/23

Medical, dental and vision plans are based on the calendar year. This is a reminder that deductibles and out of pocket maximums for all plans will start over as of 1/1/23.  Expenses incurred prior to 1/1/23 will apply to your 2022 benefits plan.  **Please continue to direct any questions for medical services provided through 12/31/2022 to Paramount for the Blue and Silver plans (419-887-2525) or FrontPath for the Bronze plan (877-622-1966).

Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Carryover Reminder & IRS Deadlines

The 2022 FSA deadline for expenses will be December 31, 2022. Claims must be submitted by March 31, 2023. The IRS has allowed a $610 carryover of unused funds into calendar year 2023. You can access your account online through the Chard Snyder website.

2022 W2 & 1095c Forms—Go Green!

If you have not already done so, we encourage you to elect to receive your W2 and 1095-C Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage Statements online. Help our environment and be a part of our “Go Green ” initiative here at UT. If you provide consent — or if you have in the past — you may obtain your W2 and 1095-C tax forms for 2022 online through the MyUT Portal, Employee Tab.  Providing consent - It only takes a minute to make the change. If you have not already provided consent for online W2 and/or 1095-C distribution:

  • Log in to MyUT.
  • Go to the Employee tab and select the “Tax Forms” link in My Toolkit.
  • Select the “Electronic IRS Forms Consent” option.
  • A window will pop up that explains the consent form option, and if you agree, check
  • the box for the consent and hit submit at the bottom of the page.
Last Updated: 12/8/22