WELCOME TO THE COLLEGE OF GRADUATE STUDIES
- About COGS
- Prospective Students
- New Students
- Current Students
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Graduate Council
- Graduate Student Association
- Fellowships, Scholarships and Awards
- Staff Directory
CONNECT WITH Us
Phone: 419.530.GRAD (4723)
The Graduate Opportunity Assistantship Program (GOAP) is part of the College of Graduate Studies Diversity and Outreach Initiative which seeks to ensure that adequate funding opportunities exist for all students, and specifically those who have overcome significant educational and personal challenges to pursue higher education and possess the skills, leadership and ability to make a significant impact in their chosen field. The scholarship seeks to ensure that students traditionally under-represented nationally in graduate education have access to assistance to encourage their participation.
The College of Graduate Studies (COGS) offers awards for students applying to a Masters or Doctoral program at the University of Toledo. Click HERE for application form. Deadline for application to the GOAP award is February 13, 2015.
- Awards are limited and dependent on available funds to graduate students applying to a Masters or Doctoral degree programs* at the University of Toledo.
- Students may receive a Teaching Assistantship or Graduate Assistantship consisting of a stipend and a tuition scholarship for full-time enrollment. The type of assistantship is determined by the degree program department in collaboration with COGS.
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Applicants must be admissible for graduate study according to program requirements. Acceptance into a program is required for award.
- Full-time enrollment as a graduate student is required.
- Awards are competitive. Preference is given based on the purpose statement of the GOAP award. See additional eligibility criteria which has also been included in the application form.
- Awardees are selected by the College of Graduate Studies Diversity Committee.
- To renew the award, students must maintain academic eligibility with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Renewal of award may be considered for up to four years of Doctoral study and two years of Master’s study, as long as the student maintains full-time enrollment each academic semester (excluding summer).
*Applicants to the MD, JD, PharmD, Executive MBA, MSBS-Medical Sciences, and graduate certificate programs are not eligible for GOAP award.
For additional details on the GOAP Award that is offered by the College of Graduate Studies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 419.530.8582