McNair Scholars Awards
Graduate Application Fee Incentive
The College of Graduate Studies will waive the graduate application fee for McNair Scholars that seek admission to a masters or doctoral program* at The University of Toledo. Applicants are required to provide evidence prior to initiating the application process. The required documentation is a signed letter from the Director of the applicant’s McNair program that verifies the applicant’s participation and completion of the McNair program. Please contact email@example.com or 419-530-5251 for further instructions regarding the Graduate Application Fee Incentive.
- The fee waiver applies to the $45.00 UT Application fee or the UT Supplemental Application fee. It does not apply to application fees required by central application systems utilized by specific programs.
- Once you submit your UT Application or UT Supplemental Application, immediately send an email with scanned copy of your signed letter from the Director of the applicant’s McNair program that verifies your applicant’s participation and completion of the McNair program to Assistant Dean Deborah Andrews at College of Graduate Studies. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Dean Andrews will process the fee waiver for the UT application fee or UT Supplemental Application fee.
- The McNair Graduate Application Fee Incentive opportunity does not have a deadline.
- The McNair Graduate Application Fee Incentive opportunity is not the same as the McNair Graduate Scholar Award. Please click HERE for eligibility and application information for the McNair Graduate Scholar Award.
McNair Graduate Scholar Award
The College of Graduate Studies (COGS) offers awards for students applying to a Masters or Doctoral program at the University of Toledo, with successful completion of an undergraduate Ronald E. McNair Baccalaureate Achievement program. Click HERE for application form. Deadline for application to the McNair Graduate Scholar award is February 12, 2016.
- Awards are limited and dependent on available funds to graduate students applying to a Masters or Doctoral degree programs* at the University of Toledo.
- Students may receive a Teaching Assistantship or Graduate Assistantship consisting of a stipend and a tuition waiver for full-time enrollment. The type of assistantship is determined by the degree program department in collaboration with COGS.
- Verification of completion of a Ronald E. McNair Post Baccalaureate Achievement program is required. Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Applicants must be admissible for graduate study according to program requirements. Acceptance into a program is required for award.
- Full-time enrollment as a graduate student is required.
- Awards are competitive. Preference is given to doctoral students and first year students. See additional eligibility criteria which has also been included in the application form.
- Awardees are selected by the College of Graduate Studies Diversity Committee.
- To renew the award, students must maintain academic eligibility with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Renewal of award may be considered for up to four years of Doctoral study and two years of Master’s study, as long as the student maintains full-time enrollment each academic semester (excluding summer).
*Applicants to the MD, JD, PharmD, Executive MBA, MSBS-Medical Sciences, and graduate certificate programs are not eligible for application fee waiver or McNair Scholars award.For additional details on the McNair Graduate Scholars Award that is offered by the College of Graduate Studies, please contact COGS@utoledo.edu.