College of Law

Financial Aid for Master of Studies in Law

Federal Student Loans

Federal Student Loans are available to eligible students seeking the Master of Studies in Law degree.

To determine your eligibility for Federal Student Loans, please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Our Federal School Code is 003131. A new FAFSA must be completed for each academic year.

Students should monitor their MyUT Portal and their University of Toledo Rockets email account for status updates and important financial aid information after they have submitted their FAFSA. These are the primary ways that financial aid information will be communicated to you while you are enrolled at The University of Toledo.

Note: Students must be enrolled at least half-time each semester to obtain Federal Student Loans. 

Private Loans

Private loans are an option for students. However, it is advisable to apply for Federal Student Loans before considering these as an option. Private loans are not federally guaranteed, plus fees and interests rates can vary widely.


As a public university, The University of Toledo charges different tuition rates based on in-state or out-of-state residency status.  Visit the University Registrar’s Office for more information about residency determinations.


Review MLW tuition and fees.


Scholarships are not currently available for the MLW program.

Financial Aid Questions?

Please contact Rocket Solution Central at 419.530.8700 or



Last Updated: 2/14/23