|RN to BSN Program for Registered Nurses|
Baccalaureate nursing graduates provide theory-based nursing care to healthy and ill individuals, families, aggregates and communities in diverse healthcare settings including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, schools and outpatient facilities. The RN-BSN program is for associate degree or diploma graduates already licensed as registered nurses. Courses in the nursing major are online (32 semester credits) with multiple study options.
|RN-BSN Plan of Study Options||How to Apply/Application Deadlines|
|Portfolio Guidelines||RN-BSN Planning Guide|
|Forms and Resources||
|The Winning Combination UT/BGSU|
The consortium of The University of Toledo (UT) and Bowling Green State University (BGSU) provides an innovative and unique baccalaureate nursing program. Students choose the university (BGSU or UT) that best meets their needs for general education, liberal arts and sciences, then complete online nursing courses in the major through The University of Toledo. The Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing is awarded by the respective university.
The University of Toledo, with 21,000 students, is located in residential areas of Toledo, Ohio, and has a Main Campus and Health Science Campus.
Bowling Green State University, with 18,000 students on the main campus, is located in Bowling Green, Ohio, a small classic college town.
1. Completion of university and nursing prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or above (a grade of "C-" is not acceptable):
- CHEM 1120 - Chemistry for Health Sciences (4)
- (Prereq: CHEM 1110 or Placement Test)
- EEES 2150 - Biodiversity (4)
- ENGL 1110 - College Composition I (3)
- ENGL 2950 - Scientific & Technical Report Writing (3)
- HEAL 2800 - Principles of Nutrition (3)
- KINE 2560 - Anatomy & Physiology I (3)
- KINE 2460 - Anatomy & Physiology I Lab (1)
- KINE 2570 - Anatomy & Physiology II (3)
- KINE 2470 - Anatomy & Physiology II Lab (1)
- KINE 2590 – Microbiology (3)
- MATH 2600 - Statistics (3)
- (Prereq: MATH 1200 or Placement Test)
- NURS 1000 - Nursing Orientation (1)
- PHIL 3370 - Medical Ethics (3)
- PSY 1010 - Principles of Psychology (3)
- PSY 2510 - Lifespan Psychology (3)
Additional university courses include Social Sciences, Humanities and Diversity courses. These courses do not need to be completed prior to applying, however, still require a grade of C or higher upon graduation.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 in all coursework. All post-secondary,
advanced placement credit, transfer, and higher education coursework are used to
calculate the cumulative GPA; admission is competitive for the nursing major. The
application process consists of completing the RN-BSN Application. Learn more about
Application Deadlines. Semester for application determined by nursing advisor.
- RN graduates from diploma or non-accredited nursing programs are required to submit
a portfolio for application to the nursing major.
- Active, unrestricted, unencumbered, RN license
- Students are required to authorize The University of Toledo to obtain criminal record
checks (i.e., BCII and FBI) and are responsible for fingerprinting expenses. Students
must declare and document misdemeanor and/or felony offenses that occur prior to admission
to the nursing major and/or during program progression. Convictions may result in
denial of admission to the major or dismissal after matriculation.
*Students must complete all graduation requirements; university catalogs are online at http://www.bgsu.edu/ and http://www.utoledo.edu/.
|Nursing Courses- Effective Fall 2015
|Course #||Course Title|
|NURS 4350||Transition to BSN Practice (2 credits)|
|NURS 4360||Theory and Collaborative Practice (3 credits)|
|NURS 4390||Health Promotion and Assessment of Families Across the Lifespan (3 credits)|
|NURS 4270||Applied Health Assessment Across the Lifespan (3 credits)|
|NURS 4290||Nursing Care of Older Adults (4 credits)|
|NURS 4310||Research Methods and Evidence Based Practice (3 credits)|
|NURS 4320||Pathopharmacology Across the Lifespan (4 credits)|
|NURS 4330||Nursing Leadership and Management (5 credits)|
|NURS 4340||Population Focused Care (5 credits)|
*Courses in nursing major are online-32 semester credits
The Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, the Master’s Degree in Nursing, the Doctor of Nursing Practice program and post-graduate APRN certificate program at The University of Toledo College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791.