Center for Experiential Learning and Career Services

Student Employment

Intern in Ohio is not like anything you have
seen before. Using a revolutionary matching algorithm,
it instantly connects employers and internship-seekers
based on skills, interests, and the requirements of the
position.By matching students to employers based on
these factors, Intern in Ohio ensures that candidates
are well-suited for their experiential learning opportunities.
It also exposes students to opportunities across the state
and makes sure that they are matched based on what
they know, not who they know.
Visit to register.
Main Campus - See below 
Health Science Campus
- Click here
Student Employment Services, a division of Career Services, provides on-campus part-time employment opportunities. Jobs are posted daily on RocketJobs and range from on-campus and off-campus jobs to entry-level and specialized positions, which provide financial support as well as valuable work experience. Effective January 1, 2011, we are now overseeing employment of student workers on ALL campuses, including Health Science Campus (excluding graduate assistantships).
IMPORTANT: Students cannot begin work until paperwork is completed and the supervisor is notified

Students     Employers/Supervisors - General     

Forms         Off-Campus Employers


>FAQs about Student Employment jobs and Federal Work Study

>Find an on or off campus job in RocketJobs 

>Student Employee Handbook

> Tips on how to access and read your timecard

Employers/Supervisors - General Information

>Supervisor's Guide

>On campus job posting form

>A Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Hiring (NACE)

>Due Dates for Personnel Action forms (PAFs) and timecards and >Holiday Schedules

>Rejected Time Cards

>Generic Student Employee Application Form

>Student and Temporary Employee Time Report Card - How to complete

>Removal from Payroll

How to avoid rejected timecards

• Be sure SEPA has been processed by the Student Employment office
• ALL SEPAs must have 2 different approval signatures

• Use blue or black ink only for timecards
• Print name, include Rocket # and department name
• Indicate the exact dates of work, time in/time out  and hours
• Time card is signed by the student 
• Departmental Information must be completed on all timecards.

Forms required to employ student workers-Main Campus
(Make sure all are signed and please assemble in the following order):

If you're not sure whether to complete an EPAF or SEPA, please contact your Business Manager.
EPAF instructions. (Electronic Personnel Action Form)

Log in through myUT (tips for logging in)

Student Employee Personnel Action Form (SEPA) 

Please type SEPA online before you print it.

Ohio Department of Taxation - Employee's Withholding Exemption Certificate

W-4 form - Students to complete this online, under MyUT tab

Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS form):   
a) Request for Optional Exemption As a Student

b) Enrollment-Personal History Record

Statement Concerning Your Employment in a Job Not Covered by Social Security (SSA-1945)  (Use only if enrolling in OPERS)

Direct Deposit - Students to complete this online, under MyUT tab

Personal Information Form  (with VA and War Statement attached)

I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form
IMPORTANT: Be sure that start date on the SEPA corresponds with the date on the I-9. 
(Must have table of acceptable documents copied on back)

Acknowledgement of receipt of Auditor of State fraud reporting system information

UT Policies

Equal Opportunity (Policy #3364-50-02)
Sexual Harassment and other forms of harassment (Policy #3364-50-01)
Responsible use (Policy #3364-65-05)

NOTE: Some of the forms are also available on Payroll or the Human Resources websites

▲Off Campus Employers

>For more information, click here.
>UT Off campus part-time job form

Last Updated: 3/23/15