The foundation of our program rests on the on-going individual advising and academic counseling students receive from TRIO staff. Advising is provided to help students focus and direct academic efforts towards their chosen area of interest as well as potential career goals. Along with the many other resources on campus, students will have a place to discuss options, opportunities and possibilities.
TRIO provides assistance with all aspects of being a college student.
All students in TRIO SSS enjoy the benefits of a low ratio of advising staff to student members of 1:40.
To make an appointment click here or type this link in your browser http://www.utoledo.edu/success/trio/appointment.html
TRIO SSS strives to help our Scholars set and fulfill your career goals. Throughout your academic career, we are here to help you learn about yourself, develop skills and identify resources to pursue your professional and academic objectives.
- Explore career options
- Understand your career personality
- Prepare for interviews
- Apply to professional & graduate school
TRIO SSS wants to improve graduation rates of our scholars. We do not limit our services to traditional advising methods or topics. TRIO advisors are available to help you understand and cope with the challenges that students face in college. We help our students with all areas of the college experience by providing direct support or identifying the best resources available. TRIO SSS staff are committed to working with students in areas that include:
- Academic monitoring
- Designing a schedule and making long range academic plans
- Advice on prerequisite and general electives
- Strategies for maintaining and improving GPA
- Help with study skills and learning strategies
- Assistance with any concerns that have the potential to place you in academic jeopardy
- Social and emotional skills
- Academic behaviors and attitudes
- Healthy discussions about stress, anxiety, and personal development
- Being your biggest and loudest supporter for all of your accomplishments
Financial Aid Advising
TRIO SSS believes an informed borrower is a better student. We provide instruction and advice on obtaining and locating resources to pay for college. Students are assisted in completing their financial aid applications through group information sessions, individual sessions and referrals.
TRIO SSS believes that financial literacy should required learning for all students. We offer private instruction, group seminars, and a online course on money management. Topics include:
- Budgeting and Goal Setting
- Career Planning and Income
- Balance Sheet & Income Statements
- Cash Management and Financial Institutions
- Purchasing Strategies and Credit Cards
- Consumer Loans and Credit Management
- Auto and Housing Decisions
There are no fees for our services.
Academic Service Request
To request academic services, complete the request form. The Academic Services Request form can be used to identify your tutoring and other academic support needs. This form is reserved for current students. New students should first apply to the program and complete an academic needs assessment prior to requesting academic services.